Requirements to become a Smog Technician
So what does it take to become a “Top Tech”? It takes commitment, dedication, and an investment in you. You have to take the necessary steps to invest in you and your future. Once you commit to yourself, Advanced Automotive Training instructors will commit themselves to you. They will set you up to succeed.
Located in Rancho Cordova, California, Advanced Automotive Training (AAT) is easily accessible off the Hwy 50 corridor (see map).
Here are the classes offered by Advanced Automotive Training. For more information, see Smog Licensing Flow Chart under Technical Information.
- Level 1 Smog Check Inspector License Course
- Level 2 Smog Check Inspector License Course
- BAR Specified Diagnostic Training Course
- Smog Technician Update Training
Supplemental Courses not required for a Smog License:
- Diesel Technologies
- Hybrid Technologies
- Small Engine Repair
- Air Conditioning and Climate Control Systems. (MACS Certification)
- Citation Level I
- State Exam Smog Pre-Test Workshop